Art Journaling the Magic
You can find more info on the ArtJournalinTheMagic.com website.
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
I want to invite you to a retreat that focuses on the magic of Disney as a place born of determination and imagination. Many people have had huge dreams but Walt Disney took action and moved forward in his. We can learn many great lessons from the dreams he brought to life. Become a child again and enjoy Disney like you never have before, documenting the “magic”, art journaling style. Join me as we slow down, notice the small details and are swept up in the energy of innovation, invention and creativity. You may even find a huge boost of inspiration and encouragement to follow your own dreams.
The very basics of what we’ll be doing:
We will be sketching and water coloring right inside Disneyland with our travel sized art journaling kits, focusing on the magic of the Parks (you DON’T have to know how to draw, I promise!). We’ll also be collecting “collage fodder” (receipts, bags, tags, stickers, cute napkins, maps and postcards…anything you want) to incorporate into our journals. We will show you quick and easy ways to make an art journal full of memories on the go. We’ll also be utilizing the newest technologies to print photos right in the park and more! With this session of the workshop we’ll also get to capture the magic of Dinsey’s not so scary Halloween celebration and Happy Haunts!
Dates for the workshop:
(PLEASE NOTE WE ARE WAITING FOR DISNEY TO RELEASE PARTY DATES, WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY FINAL, NON-REFUNDABLE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL WE HAVE THE OFFICIAL DATE FOR THE HALLOWEEN PARTY. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU IN A TIMELY FASHION ON THIS ANNOUNCEMENT).
- Live Workshop October 6th-11th, 2014 (Some activities are optional and additional fee is required).
- Monday early evening dinner with Tangie & Mindy. . We will have a formal Q&A time for you to ask us any questions you would like about working as full time artists etc. You will also receive an exclusive gift bag from Tangie & Mindy
- Tuesday we will have a Mixed-Media watercolor workshop with your teachers Tangie & Mindy! This workshop includes a meal and is tentatively scheduled for mid-day (subject to release schedule for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party dates by Disney).
- Tuesday night we will venture into the park for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party (subject to release schedule for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party dates by Disney)
- Wednesday-Friday we will have scheduled group events, journal challenges and attraction meetups at the Disneyland Parks (you will also have some scheduled free time to rest or see the parks in your own style).
- Saturday an Extra day of Magic with Tangie & Mindy, including a few extra collage sheets for this journal party day! We’ll also be have a luxurious dinner and enjoy reserved seating for World of Color.
- Online workshop is included with paid Registration fee
BASIC SUMMARY FOR TRAVEL PURPOSES (Subject to change pending Halloween Party):
Tuesday-Friday Main Workshop
This is a unique opportunity to share our love of art and/or Disney in a whole new way with like minded people!
Workshop Fee $479*:
- Tuesday Mixed-Media & Watercolor Workshop with Tangie & Mindy, Meal included (Exact details pending Disney announcement)
- Exclusive Spooktacular “Art Journaling the Magic” workbook printed in full color
- Hand-bound Golden Book Art journal and watercolor travel kit which includes: 140 lb watercolor paper journal, Peerless watercolors, black waterproof pens, Washi tape, glue stick, stickers, collage sheets, die cuts and other fabulous goodies (no other art supplies will be needed)
- Wednesday through Friday art journaling meet ups inside BOTH parks! We will have scheduled group events, journal challenges, optional assignments, attraction meetups and more. Plus! You’ll be able to spend time at Disneyland with Tangie & Mindy as we share our favorite memories, tips, tricks and attractions! You can come and go to any/all of these days as it works for you!
- BONUS! The Online class is included, which includes “Before We Go” training, videos, samples, downloads and more (with lifetime access!).
- Other surprises that will be revealed
Workshop Optional Add On #1: Halloween Magic $65-$145-REGISTER EARLY TO JOIN US!
- Tuesday Evening Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party
- Tuesday Evening Mickey’s Happy Haunts Tour
Please note that while we are hopeful this will be Tuesday evening, we are still waiting for Disney to release party dates and prices! Please also note, if you are making payments, this amount MUST be paid in full before we will purchase your party/tour tickets (we anticipate May 1st). This party and tour at Disneyland will sell out fast so please register early so we can secure you a ticket with our group!
Workshop Optional Add On #2: Meet the Artists Dinner-Seats Extremely Limited! $39
- Monday early evening dinner with full-time artists Tangie Baxter and Mindy Lacefield
- You receive an exclusive gift bag featuring art from Tangie & Mindy
- We will have a Q&A time for you to ask Tangie and/or Mindy any questions you would like about working as full time artists, business, social media, teaching, workshops etc. You will even have the option to email your questions before we go, so that Mindy and I can make sure we are prepared to answer you fully.
Workshop Optional Add On #3: An Extra Day of Magic $25
- An extra day of magic and journaling with Tangie & Mindy (with a few extra collage sheets for this party day)! Last time we went, we decided we really needed one more day together (we wanted MORE time!), so we’re making it happen! This session will be for the ultimate Disney art journaling fan, we are planning some epic sessions in great locations!
Workshop Optional Add On #4: World of Color Dining & Reserved Seating $50
- 3 course dinner at Wine Country Trattoria with reserved World of Color seating
Hotel is not included. Please feel free to stay in any Hotel of your choosing. If you need recommendations please let us know!
You are responsible for getting your own Disney Park Hopper tickets (days needed will vary by your chosen options). You will need to buy them online as these tickets are NOT available at the gate. The reason we are leaving this part of the workshop up to you is that you may want more days at Disney than we are planning (for example going to the Park Monday or Sunday).
OPTIONAL: To assist you, we will be happy to purchase a Park Hopper ticket for you and have them ready for pick up Monday night. Please email email@example.com for details and payment arrangements. You must have an email from me stating specifically that I have you on the ticket list.
*Payment plans available! Meals do not include alcohol. All activities are subject to change as Disney has not released schedules or opened reservations for our scheduled time. However, substitute activities will be scheduled as needed.